When undergoing a cosmetic rejuvenation procedure for your face it is important to be aware of the three T’s. The three T’s - tone, texture and tightness are three significant aspects related to the morphology of an ageing face.
These three T’s when addressed in unison facilitate the ideal cosmetic outcome.
#1 - Tone
Changes in skin tone can occur from your teen years onwards. Typically changes are related to sun damage, melasma (skin discolouration) or hyperpigmentation (skin discoloration caused by overproduction of pigment).
When addressing tone concerns - our doctor utilises treatment options such as:
- Prescription Creams - Our cosmetic doctors can prescribe a range of topical creams which utilise medical actives to repair damages to your skin's tone.
- Photodynamic Therapy - Simultaneously treats sun damage and benign skin lesions by using a special topical cream while exposed to a special light source. Once exposed to the light source - the topical cream starts destroying damaged cells leaving normal tissue unaffected.
- Limelight Laser - Treats facial veins, pigmentation, freckles and redness. Treats in an non invasive method. The laser gently heats the pigmented brown or red cells producing a therapeutic effect
- Skin Peeling - Lactic acid skin peeling is a great non-invasive treatment which acts by loosening the surface layers of the skin allowing it to slough off.
#2 - Texture
Beginning in your mid 30’s, changes to your skins texture start to occur. Pores become enlarged, fine lines develop and your skin may start to appear dry. These changes are a result of your skin losing collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid.
When addressing texture concerns - our doctor utilises treatment options such as:
- Cutera Pearl Fractional - Removes the surface of the skin layer by layer in a very precise manner. New skin is formed from the deeper skin cells lying in the hair follicles. The new skin is fresher, healthier, less blemished and contains more collagen thus renewing the complexion
- Medical Grade Skincare - Products containing niacinamide and collagen stimulating peptides which stimulate stem cell production and repair cellular damage on a genetic level. Recommended products include aliangé Revitalize Retinol & Peptide Serum and aliangé Revitalize Antioxidant C Serum.
#3 - Tightness
Starting in your late 30’s & early 40’s you may start to notice loss of volume around your face due to fat and bone loss resulting in loss of elasticity and your skin appearing slack.
When addressing tightness concerns - our doctor utilizes treatment options such as:
- Dermal Filler - Fills out facial lines, restores hydration, corrects facial volume loss and adds definition around the face and neck.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) - Utilises your body's own platelets which stimulates the production of 3 types of collagen producing natural results.
- Cutera Laser Genesis - Enables full face collagen remodelling by gently heating the dermis which stimulates new collagen production restoring elasticity.
See all new posts >
Connect on Facebook
Like us on Facebook to receive the latest news via your newsfeed
Subscribe to COZmedics news using your favourite feed reader